This is a contract between you, the user of this Support After Suicide Community, and Jesuit Social Services. By using the Support After Suicide Online Community you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the interactive services of this website.
Jesuit Social Services offers support to people bereaved by suicide, who live in Australia, through the Support After Suicide (SAS) online community services. These services include the ability to create online profiles, interact on a one-to-one basis and through online forums. The online community services are for use by bereaved persons 18 years of age or older. The SAS online community is a nonjudgmental and safe place to share feelings and grief experiences.
- SAS online community does not offer grief counselling. It exists only for grief support.
- You are encouraged to share your stories and to tell what has helped you. Please do not try to impose your views on others in the forum. All SAS online community members are bereaved and should be treated with courtesy and respect.
- In sharing your story and your experiences we ask that you do not provide graphic details of the death and that you do not attack and blame others for their death. Everyone on the site is grieving and often traumatised and we do not want others exposed to traumatic material. We ask that you think about the impact of what you share on other members of the site. We may reject content that is not in accord with this.
- Participants and moderators participate in the forum based on their bereavement and not in any professional capacity. If you are a professional (including, but not limited to, legal, medical, psychological, or spiritual), do not use this site to give professional advice. You should not use any information gleaned from this site to replace the advice of any professional who is caring for or advising you.
- You are specifically prohibited from using the SAS online community to promote or advertise any goods or services and from using the forums to solicit money, housing, shelter, transportation, or similar activities.
- JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES provides volunteer moderators to help facilitate the discussions within the forum. MODERATORS ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE CRISIS SITUATIONS. If a member is distraught and cannot participate constructively in the forum, he/she may be contacted via their registration phone number or email and counselled by SAS staff and temporarily suspended from the community. Similarly, members who seem to be impaired by drugs or alcohol may be suspended from the forum until they regain their capacity. Be aware that JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES provide moderation services for the SAS ONLINE COMMUNITY from Monday - Friday during business hours only, excluding public holidays.
- Every user is allowed to register one email address and one user name. You must register using only your own email address or an email address you have legal access to. Please note that setting up multiple accounts and/or usernames is misleading, and is construed as a breach of trust. If you need to change your username for any reason, please seek assistance from a SAS online community administrators through the feedback forms.
- YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE SAS ONLINE COMMUNITY AT YOUR OWN RISK. JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES makes no warranty or representation that any user of the SAS online community is who he/she claims to be. JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES assumes no liability for the outcome of user-to-user communications, dealings, meetings, or other interactions. You are advised to exercise caution, especially with respect to your private information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
- JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES does not tolerate racism, sexism, negative commentary against sexual orientation, comments that discriminate on the basis of religion, or any other form of discrimination. While using SAS online community, you agree to conduct yourself similarly.
- JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INFORMATION POSTED BY THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE SAS ONLINE SUPPORT COMMUNITY. The opinions expressed here are those of the writers and may not reflect the opinion of JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES.
- Spamming, use of programs such as IRC clients, worms, bot scripts, or Trojan horses will not be tolerated for any reason. Initiation or participation in any such activity will cause you to be banned from using SAS online community, and may be cause to report the behaviour to your ISP for termination of account. Be aware that we will record the ISP of all users and visitors of the SAS online community.
- You must not transmit or upload any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES retains the right to reject content that JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate, or to ban individuals whose behaviour is likewise deemed inappropriate within the interactive areas.
- Users of SAS online community should be aware that JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES records the ISP of all visitors and users entering this community.
- BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES, ITS MODERATORS OR AGENTS (REGARDLESS OF THEIR ORIGIN, NATURE, CHARACTER, OR BASIS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SAS WEBSITE, SAS ONLINE COMMUNITY WEBSITE, OR ANY INTERACTIVE SERVICES SPONSORED BY JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES.
- Specific, grief related, support sessions may be scheduled from time to time in the SAS online community. If your situation does not match the circumstance listed in the support session's description do not enter or participate in the session.
- JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES will not share your personal information with other companies, agencies, or organizations.
- The conversations and posts in SAS Online Community are confidential. You agree not to repeat or copy conversations or posts from the site for any purpose. This prohibition includes copying and pasting conversations or posts to other online forums (e.g. Facebook). The conversations and posts in SAS Online Community are for registered SAS Online Community users only.
- For quality control purposes, all interactive sessions are transcripted. JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES may collect transcripts of all forum and one-on-one conversations for the purposes of evaluation, research, training and quality assurance. Users will remain anonymous with any subsequent reports excluding any identifying information connecting individual users to the transcripts.
- While considerable care has been taken by JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES in creating and moderating the SAS Online Community, all information given by users on the forum should be regarded as opinion only and never as fact. JESUIT SOCIAL SERVICES makes no claims regarding the accuracy of the material posted - neither static material (information pages) nor dynamic material (posted by community members/users).